Prague Twin

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Saddam Hussein Convicted

It seems like Sunday morning is always the time for big news about Saddam Hussein. Today, I awoke to find that Saddam Hussein is to be hanged. It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy (wink).

Am I imagining it, or is Sunday just not his day? I guess I'm imagining it since he was actually captured on a Saturday. But it wasn't confirmed until later, so much like today, I woke up on a Sunday morning to find that Saddam was having a bad day, kind of like today.

And now I am thinking even further back to a Sunday morning in March 2003 when the president returned from Camp David and held his first news conference since the invation. Something stuck out in my mind from that conference.

THE PRESIDENT: I expect them to be treated, the POWs I expect to be treated humanely. And -- just like we're treating the prisoners that we have captured humanely. If not, the people who mistreat the prisoners will be treated as war criminals.

And war criminals, as we have seen today, are sometimes hanged.

4 Comments:

  • And war criminals, as we have seen today, are sometimes hanged.

    Wink, wink. ;-)

    Though, I'm a little pissed that we spent $400B and all we got was a hanging. For that price, I think that should get to see the gates of Hell open, Satan himself emerge to duck walk Bu--sorry--Sadam down into the fiery pit.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:17 PM  

  • Kvatch,

    We haven't even gotten a hanging yet. I sense we are far from finished on this one.

    Nice imagery.

    By Blogger Praguetwin, at 7:43 PM  

  • Yes, Saddam isn't swinging in the breeze quite yet. Hopefully soon, but there's cause for doubt.

    By Blogger Mark, at 8:26 PM  

  • It might take awhile. From what I understand, the appeals process has no time limit. After the final appeal is exhausted, if the conviction still stands he has to be hanged within 30 days. We'll see...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home